WCLT is pleased to announce that Meg Bernier Boyd has accepted WCLT’s part time position of Development and Communication Assistant! Meg has a proven record of success as Director of Alumni and Donor Relations for Colby College with years of experience in strategic planning, fundraising, program development and event planning. We welcome Meg and look forward to working together.
Take 8 minutes and get re-acquainted with our story and what we do by viewing this PechaKucha presentation from November 2015
Communications and Development Associate, Waterville Community Land Trust
Waterville Community Land Trust is seeking a communications and development associate responsible for executing the organization’s communications and outreach, coordinating special events and providing administrative support to the organization’s fundraising programs. This is being offered as a one-year, part-time position of 8 hours/week for a salary and benefit package worth $8700/year.
Waterville Community Land Trust is a nonprofit whose mission is to provide perpetually affordable homes to working families and individuals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Write and design and transmit to our members, friends and prospects a quarterly e-newsletter and newsletter;
- Assist in writing, designing and producing marketing, sales and development flyers or brochures;
- Prepare frequent postings for Facebook;
- Maintain organization’s website, including updating design and written content through WordPress;
- Help with logistics, materials, and planning for fundraising events and donor events;
- Coordinate execution and mailing of fundraising appeals;
- Prepare donor lists for mailings and special events using excel database
- Print and mail letters, development mailings and other, as requested or required
The position requires a minimum four-year degree from an accredited college or university and at least two years of relevant work experience.
Required experience and skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, WordPress and social media applications, including Facebook
- Fastidious attention to detail and creative.
- Strong project management skills.
- Personal vehicle to travel to events
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Additional experience and skills, desired but not required
- GIS, Adobe InDesign, Publisher, Photoshop, building construction and design
- Knowledge of community land trusts or nonprofits or home ownership or rental programs
- Knowledge of the neighborhoods of Waterville
How to apply: Please submit a resume, references with contact information, a letter of interest and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until June 16th. Starting time is ASAP.
If you have any questions about the application, please contact Ashley Pullen at email@example.com.
SAVE THE DATE for our annual meeting: Tuesday June 28th, 7pm at Tree Spirits in Oakland! We will be reviewing our progress this year, electing the board of directors, and looking ahead to what’s next. Special thanks to Tree Spirits for hosting us!
On Friday, January 8th we signed on the dotted line and are now the proud owners of the house at 181 Water Street! We are very grateful to the previous owner’s daughter, Theresa Caron, for helping to make this possible. We would also like to thank all of our donors and supporters. Renovations will begin shortly so stay tuned for more pictures and updates! Read the full press release.
And, for those who are wondering what happened to our first prospective project at 182 Water Street-due to circumstances, not under the control of either WLCT or the owner, the project must happen at a later date. We remain excited about the house and expect to purchase it when it is available.