Communications and Development Associate, Waterville Community Land Trust
Waterville Community Land Trust is seeking a communications and development associate responsible for executing the organization’s communications and outreach, coordinating special events and providing administrative support to the organization’s fundraising programs. This is being offered as a one-year, part-time position of 8 hours/week for a salary and benefit package worth $8700/year.
Waterville Community Land Trust is a nonprofit whose mission is to provide perpetually affordable homes to working families and individuals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Write and design and transmit to our members, friends and prospects a quarterly e-newsletter and newsletter;
- Assist in writing, designing and producing marketing, sales and development flyers or brochures;
- Prepare frequent postings for Facebook;
- Maintain organization’s website, including updating design and written content through WordPress;
- Help with logistics, materials, and planning for fundraising events and donor events;
- Coordinate execution and mailing of fundraising appeals;
- Prepare donor lists for mailings and special events using excel database
- Print and mail letters, development mailings and other, as requested or required
The position requires a minimum four-year degree from an accredited college or university and at least two years of relevant work experience.
Required experience and skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, WordPress and social media applications, including Facebook
- Fastidious attention to detail and creative.
- Strong project management skills.
- Personal vehicle to travel to events
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Additional experience and skills, desired but not required
- GIS, Adobe InDesign, Publisher, Photoshop, building construction and design
- Knowledge of community land trusts or nonprofits or home ownership or rental programs
- Knowledge of the neighborhoods of Waterville
How to apply: Please submit a resume, references with contact information, a letter of interest and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until it is filled. Starting time is ASAP.